For only $50 annually, you can have broader coverage for the electrical and mechanical equipment on your farm.

Learn More

Your house, garage and other structures are covered for the cost of repairing or replacing them after a loss (up to the policy limits).

Insure Your:

  • Farm outbuildings (barns, silos, etc.)
  • Machinery (tractors, combines, tools, etc.)
  • Livestock (cattle, horses, etc.)
  • Farm products (hay, grain, etc.)

When you purchase insurance for your home, you will also receive coverage for:

  • The contents of your home
  • Detached structures on the premises, excluding farm-used buildings (garage, storage shed, etc.)
  • Additional living costs – when a covered claim means you can’t occupy your home, this coverage will pay for the additional costs you incur
  • Liability (optional) – we will pay for an attorney, court costs and any damages awarded—up to the policy limits—for covered lawsuits brought against you that arise from the operation of the farm
  • Underground service lines – our Service Line Enhancement Endorsement provides protection from loss to a covered underground service line (for your dwelling) caused by a variety of perils including root invasion and corrosion
  • Family Cyber Protection – this coverage protects you against perils such as Online Extortion, Social Engineering, Identity Theft, and System Compromise

Additional coverage options:

  • Broader coverage for your special valuables (works of art, jewelry, guns, collectibles, etc.)
  • Home based business
  • Replacement contents - items destroyed by a covered cause of loss will be replaced
  • Sewer backup
The description of coverages and programs are purposely brief and are subject to specific policy provisions, limitations and exclusions that can only be expressed in the policy itself. For a complete explanation of coverages, please consult one of our licensed agents.

Equipment Breakdown Coverage

Our Equipment Breakdown coverage broadens your policy and covers against loss by mechanical or electrical breakdown that was previously excluded.

Typical loss for your home:

Imagine coming home during a heat wave to discover that your air-conditioning system has quit. The repairman informs you that the compressor had an internal failure and needs to be replaced. Most Farmowner policies won’t cover this, but with our Equipment Breakdown addition, you’ll be covered. We’ll pay for a new A/C unit, less the deductible. We also cover all electronic devices in your home, as well as anything mechanical.

Some restrictions and exclusions do apply. See policy for exact coverage description.

What does this coverage cost? $50 annually

Covered Items

  • Compressors, pumps, engines
  • Computers and other communications equipment
  • Televisions and home audio systems
  • Electrical systems
  • Furnaces
  • Gears, gear sets
  • Generators
  • Home appliances (e.g., dishwashers, washing machines)
  • Hot-water heaters
  • Motors, fans, vacuum systems
  • Refrigerators and freezers
  • Security systems
  • Swimming pool heating and filtration systems
Included with this coverage is our green equipment breakdown endorsement, which gives you incentive to repair or replace damaged property in an environmentally friendly way. When you experience a loss of mechanical, electrical or pressure equipment, you’ll have the opportunity to go green.
Have a question? Ask Us or Find an Agent