Home Maintenance TipsDecember 05, 2016
According to an article from Mutual Boiler Re, relatively easy maintenance can be performed on some items in your home to help prevent breakdowns. The top five items are listed below. Please consult Mutual Boiler Re’s full article for more details and tips.
- Install a surge protection device on all electronics in your home: computer, TV, gaming systems, etc.
- Keep debris and other items away from your outdoor air conditioning unit.
- Clean and dust your refrigerator. Be sure to blow dust off the coils, the compressor and any electronic components.
- Clear the vents of your clothes dryer.
- Drain your hot water heater once a year to drain out particles and build up.
By doing routine, annual maintenance you not only may be able to avoid breakdowns, but you are likely to extend the life of your appliances.