Coverage for your seasonal home.The policies provide for a wide variety of causes of loss, including vandalism.
When you purchase insurance for your seasonal house, coverage options are as follows:
- Additional living costs - when a covered claim means you can’t occupy your home, this coverage will pay for the additional costs you incur
- Liability - if you are sued for a covered incident that occurred on the seasonal property, we pay for an attorney, court costs and any damages awarded, up to policy limits
- Detached structures on the premises (garage, storage shed, etc.)
- The contents of your seasonal home
Equipment Breakdown Coverage
Our Equipment Breakdown coverage broadens your policy and covers against loss by mechanical or electrical breakdown that was previously excluded.
Typical loss for your seasonal home:
Imagine the air-conditioning system in the home quitting during a heat wave. The repairman informs you that the compressor had an internal failure and needs to be replaced. Most seasonal policies won’t cover this, but with our Equipment Breakdown addition, you’ll be covered. We’ll pay for the repairs, less the deductible.
Some restrictions and exclusions do apply. See policy for exact coverage description.
What does this coverage cost?
$25 annually (no matter how many dwellings), and a deductible of only $500 (no matter your policy deductible)
- Compressors, pumps, engines
- Electrical systems
- Home appliances (e.g., dishwashers, washing machines)
- Hot-water heaters
- Motors, fans, vacuum systems
- Refrigerators and freezers