Coverage is available for older mobile homes, rental or seasonal mobile homes. Your mobile home is covered for the cost of repairing or replacing it after a loss (up to the policy limits).
When you purchase insurance for your home in our Mobile Home program, you may also add coverage for:
- The contents of your home
- Detached structures on the premises (garage, storage shed, etc.)
- Additional living costs (owner occupied) – when a covered claim means you can’t occupy your home, this coverage will pay for the additional costs you incur
- Liability – if you are sued for a covered incident that occurred on your premises, we will pay for an attorney, court costs and any damages awarded, up to the policy limits
- Underground service lines – our Service Line Enhancement Endorsement provides protection from loss to a covered underground service line caused by a variety of perils including root invasion and corrosion
- Family Cyber Protection – this coverage protects you against perils such as Online Extortion, Social Engineering, Identity Theft, and System Compromise
Additional coverage options:
- Fair rental value (tenant occupied) - If you cannot rent the dwelling due to a covered loss, we will pay for your loss of rental income.
- Replacement contents - items destroyed by a covered cause of loss will be replaced
- Sewer backup
Equipment Breakdown Coverage
Our Equipment Breakdown coverage broadens your policy and covers against loss by mechanical or electrical breakdown that was previously excluded.
Typical loss for your home:
Imagine coming home during a heat wave to discover that your air-conditioning system has quit. The repairman informs you that the compressor had an internal failure and needs to be replaced. Most Mobile Home policies won’t cover this, but with our Equipment Breakdown addition, you’ll be covered. We’ll pay for a new A/C unit, less the deductible. We also cover all electronic devices in your home, as well as anything mechanical.
Some restrictions and exclusions do apply. See policy for exact coverage description.
What does this coverage cost? $25 annually, and a deductible of only $500—no matter your policy deductible.
- Compressors, pumps, engines
- Computers and other home electronics
- Home audio systems
- Electrical systems
- Home appliances (e.g., dishwashers, washing machines)
- Hot-water heaters
- Motors, fans, vacuum systems
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Security systems
- Swimming pool heating and filtration systems