Coverage for your rental house(s) at an economical cost. The policies provide for a wide variety of causes of loss. For instance, your policy will provide coverage if your tenant maliciously damages your rental house. In most cases, all of your rental houses can be placed on one policy for ease of billing and payment.
When you purchase insurance for your rental house(s), coverage options are as follows:
- Fair rental value - if you cannot rent the house due to a covered loss, we will pay your loss of rental income
- Liability - if you are sued for a covered incident that occurred on the rental property, we pay for an attorney, court costs and any damages awarded, up to policy limits
- Wrongful eviction - if you are sued for wrongfully evicting a tenant, we pay for an attorney, court costs and any damages awarded, up to policy limits
- Detached structures on the premises (garage, storage shed, etc.)
- Underground service lines – our Service Line Enhancement Endorsement provides protection from loss to a covered underground service line caused by a variety of perils including root invasion and corrosion.
Equipment Breakdown Coverage
Our Equipment Breakdown coverage broadens your policy and covers against loss by mechanical or electrical breakdown that was previously excluded.
Typical loss for your rental home:
Imagine the air-conditioning system in the home quitting during a heat wave. The repairman informs you that the compressor had an internal failure and needs to be replaced. Most rental policies won’t cover this, but with our Equipment Breakdown addition, you’ll be covered. We’ll pay for the repairs, less the deductible.
Some restrictions and exclusions do apply. See policy for exact coverage description.
What does this coverage cost?
$25 annually (no matter how many dwellings), and a deductible of only $500 (no matter your policy deductible)
- Compressors, pumps, engines
- Electrical systems
- Home appliances (e.g., dishwashers, washing machines)
- Hot-water heaters
- Motors, fans, vacuum systems
- Refrigerators and freezers