Your house, garage and other structures are covered for the cost of repairing or replacing them after a loss (up to the policy limits).
When you purchase insurance for your home, you will also receive coverage for:
- The contents of your home
- Detached structures on the premises (garage, storage shed, etc.)
- Additional living costs - when a covered claim means you can’t occupy your home, this coverage will pay for the additional costs you incur
- Liability - if you are sued for a covered incident that occurred on your premises, we will pay for an attorney, court costs and any damages awarded, up to the policy limits
- Underground service lines – our Service Line Enhancement Endorsement provides protection from loss to a covered underground service line caused by a variety of perils including root invasion and corrosion
- Family Cyber Protection – this coverage protects you against perils such as Online Extortion, Social Engineering, Identity Theft, and System Compromise
Additional coverage options:
- Broader coverage for your special valuables (works of art, jewelry, guns, collectibles, etc.)
- Home based business
- Replacement contents - items destroyed by a covered cause of loss will be replaced
- Sewer backup
Your local, knowledgeable agent will direct you to the policy that fits your needs. Find an agent.
Equipment Breakdown Coverage
Our Equipment Breakdown coverage broadens your policy and covers against loss by mechanical or electrical breakdown that was previously excluded.
Typical loss for your home:
Imagine coming home during a heat wave to discover that your air-conditioning system has quit. The repairman informs you that the compressor had an internal failure and needs to be replaced. Most Homeowner policies won’t cover this, but with our Equipment Breakdown addition, you’ll be covered. We’ll pay for a new A/C unit, less the deductible. We also cover all electronic devices in your home, as well as anything mechanical.
Some restrictions and exclusions do apply. See policy for exact coverage description.
What does this coverage cost? $25 annually
- Compressors, pumps, engines
- Computers and other home electronics
- Home audio systems
- Electrical systems
- Home appliances (e.g., dishwashers, washing machines)
- Hot water heaters
- Motors, fans, vacuum systems
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Security systems
- Swimming pool heating and filtration systems