Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is the Service Line Enhancement Endorsement?

    Service Line coverage provides protection against a leak, break, tear, rupture, collapse or arcing of a covered underground service line caused by:

    • Artificially generated electrical current
    • Freezing
    • Mechanical breakdown, latent defect or inherent vice
    • Root invasion
    • Wear and tear, marring, deterioration, hidden decay rust or other corrosion
    • Weight of equipment, animals or people

    The “covered service line” must be:

    • Located on the “insured premises.”
    • Providing a service to the residence as defined in the endorsement.
    • Owned by the insured or the insured must be legally liable for its repair or replacement.

  • What is the maximum limit of coverage you will write on a commercial risk?

    The amounts vary depending on the fire class your business falls in. The combined amount of the building and business personal property can go up to $500,000. Contact your agent to learn more and find out the maximum amount of coverage you might be eligible for.

  • What damages are not covered under my policy?

    You should consult your specific policy for coverages and exclusions.

  • If I conduct business at home, is my business property covered by my homeowner policy?

    Your policy may contain a small amount of coverage for business property. If you have a business in your home, you should get a separate policy for that business property. Contact your agent to get a quote.

  • Are any items in my home not covered by my policy?

    There may be items that are excluded or have limited coverage. You should consult your policy for these excluded or limited items.

  • Is my cell phone, music collection, home stereo equipment, etc. covered?

    If your policy contains personal property coverage, these items would be covered—subject to the policy deductible—up to the policy limit in the event of a covered loss. If they are used for business purposes, there would be a limitation on the amount of coverage.

  • Will my policy pay for damage to my trees and shrubs?

    There may be limited coverage for trees and shrubs, but the coverage is also limited to certain events. You should check with your agent for coverage details.

  • Why is there a roof exclusion on my policy?

    A roof exclusion generally means your roof is worn out. We are unable to allow coverage for roofs that have exceeded their useful life. Your roof will also be excluded if the roofing cover is a material which is ineligible for coverage with us.

  • How do I find out if my policy covers “x”?

    Please refer to your specific policy for the list of exclusions and coverages. If you have questions, please contact your agent for assistance in understanding your policy.

  • How do I check the coverages I currently have?

    Please contact your agent so that they may assist you in changing your policy or understanding your current coverages. You can get a copy of your current declaration page from your agent or by requesting a copy from our home office.

Disclaimer: These FAQs do not replace or override the wording in your policy. You should read your dec page and policy for specific policy provisions, limitations and exclusions. For a complete explanation of coverages, please consult one of our licensed agents.

Have a question? Ask Us or Find an Agent